The modern Indian woman is becoming more and more health conscious and putting more effort in over-all wellness of body and mind. An essential aspect of good health for a woman undoubtedly includes a biannual visit to a gynecologist. Women are no longer shying away from taking responsibility of their sexual and reproductive health, thanks to various campaigns by different healthcare agencies and organizations showcasing the importance of all this. So, here are certain things to keep in mind as you get yourself an appointment to the gyn.
Why Visit a Gynecologist?
A gynecologist is a physician specializing in diagnosis, treatment and care of the female reproductive system. And it is important to visit a gynecologist to get a better understanding of your body and how to take proper care of the same. It would also help you in getting a sense of what is normal and what changes requires medical attention, and to what degree. It is always comforting to know that your reproductive health is in the hands of the best doctor for gynecology in India.
So here are a few things to keep in mind while visiting a gynecologist for the first time.
- You don’t necessarily need a particular reason to visit a gynecologist. It is desirable for girl who just hit puberty to visit their gyne and build a relationship of trust and confidentiality which would help the adolescent child to better navigate through high pressured teenage and be aware of STIs, prevention, screening and other important health care advice.
- Visiting a gynecologist can be stressful especially if it’s for the first time. Opening up to a complete stranger can cause anxiety in a lot of women. However, it is essentially a very common phenomenon and subsides with regular visits and through communications.
- It’s very important to choose a doctor you are comfortable with, since things ought to get personal. It is absolutely okay to change a few gynecologists before you find the perfect one. That is why it is advisable to visit the best gynecology doctors in India for complete and through personalized care and treatment.
- The patient should always be open and honest about her health, personal habits and hygiene routine as well as sexual history and concerns. Transparency between the doctor and the patient leads to a better overall well-being.
- It is very helpful for both the patient and the doctor is you keep a clear track of your menstruation cycles before visiting the doctor. It is very useful to monitor your cycle lengths, arrivals and post menstrual symptoms for better care.
- You should visit the gynecologists with a previously made set of queries instead of going empty handed. This you help you utilize your appointment with the doctor to the maximum and more importantly clear your doubts about reproductive health and sexual wellness.
- And never forget to do a follow up. Most common mistake that you can make is not to follow up with the doctor after a test is done. Follow ups are often useful in fully comprehending the situation of your health and take better steps to a healthier living.